Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Book flag  (Read 2771 times)

Booking50

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
Book flag
« on: September 08, 2012, 10:10:22 PM »
well i think there should be a flag where you can take books out of bookshelf but there should be a flag where if you try and get out of the lot with it it goes back in the bookshelf it would be something like /setflag nobook or something like that.
  • Booking50
    Booking50
    Booking50

Hretsam

• Former Owner
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Book flag
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 01:34:48 PM »
Yes,
Ever since I first thought of making the bookcase idea (which I got a while back from somebody else) this has been something I wanted to add aswel. Publicly allow people to take and read books. But return the books if they get a certain distance away from the bookcase.

The only problem I've been having is figuring out a way to do this, without inflicting much performance issues.
  • Hretsam
    Hretsam
    Hretsam

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 03:08:58 PM »
I also thought of this, multiple times, but wasn't sure how to do it. Hret, we can assign extra data to items, perhaps assign this to items in a lot with this flag, then when a player leaves, iterate through their inventory, and place the items back? The extra data may include the type of block the item was taken from, as well as its location.

That seems like it could work.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 08:10:48 AM »
Perhaps also have it if the owner removes the book or a lot member, the book does not return?
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj