Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Crafting Recipes  (Read 20188 times)

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting Recipes
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2015, 10:47:04 PM »
de-craftable armor.. for all the useless armor drops you get from mobs..

Would be too overpowered, people could decraft all of their almost dead armor, and make a fresh set, without it setting them back anyway.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2015, 11:27:42 PM »
de-craftable armor.. for all the useless armor drops you get from mobs..

Would be too overpowered, people could decraft all of their almost dead armor, and make a fresh set, without it setting them back anyway.

that could work if a mostly damaged gold chestplate became just one gold ingot.
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2015, 11:30:18 PM »
The problem with that is durability. How much is duration worth? Unless your uncrafting armor with full durability, I don't see this happening.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

RoyallyGrim

• Goldy VIP
  • Love to have fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2015, 05:17:40 PM »
Okay. I'll set the stats.

Leather armor. Torso. ( Full durability ) 4 returned. ( Half durability) 2 returned. ( Nearly empty. ) 1.
Leather armor. Pants. ( Full durability ) 3 returned. ( Half ) 2 (Near empty) 1.
Leather helm. ( Full ) 2. ( Half ) 1. ( Near empty ) 1.
Leather boots. ( Full ). 2. (Half) 1. ( Near empty ) 1.

This is a good idea.. why? Because of the fact that it would be recyling and save space instead of throwing out useless crap that won't work, the leather you get back from leather armors could be used for books. Seriously, no one would use leather for anything else..unless you're playing like a.. football game with teams or something.. But yeah, theres the pattern for ya. And gold.. those don't have to return gold bars if possible, just return it in nuggets. * Shrug*
  • RoyalSyn
    RoyalSyn
    RoyalSyn

CanadianR

• Server Moderator
  • Beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2015, 08:33:10 PM »
The new doors, they give back oak planks when you craft them back, so you may need to fix that...
  • CanadianR
    CanadianR
    CanadianR

Only Beaver in Innectis History

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2015, 09:36:36 PM »
I'll update this when I can.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »
Okay. I'll set the stats.

Leather armor. Torso. ( Full durability ) 4 returned. ( Half durability) 2 returned. ( Nearly empty. ) 1.
Leather armor. Pants. ( Full durability ) 3 returned. ( Half ) 2 (Near empty) 1.
Leather helm. ( Full ) 2. ( Half ) 1. ( Near empty ) 1.
Leather boots. ( Full ). 2. (Half) 1. ( Near empty ) 1.

This is a good idea.. why? Because of the fact that it would be recyling and save space instead of throwing out useless crap that won't work, the leather you get back from leather armors could be used for books. Seriously, no one would use leather for anything else..unless you're playing like a.. football game with teams or something.. But yeah, theres the pattern for ya. And gold.. those don't have to return gold bars if possible, just return it in nuggets. * Shrug*

The problem with that is the amount of durability per item given back. Not only that, currently it's not possible to set crafting recipes based on durability. The way Minecraft works, their internal recipe registry doesn't even work based off durability. However, using the bukkit crafting event, it may be possible. However, there is a different reason I don't think this is worth it.

You see, let's take a leather torso for example: 4 leather returned for the torso. Figure out the range of durability for each leather returned... let's say a leather torso has 1000 durability. The first leather returned goes from 1 to 250 durability. That means 1 leather is good for an almost dead leather torso to 1/4th its total durability. That doesn't seem feasible to me. I don't know about anyone else, but they might have the same opinion.

The new doors, they give back oak planks when you craft them back, so you may need to fix that...
I guess that's what happens when you copy/paste code for recipes and don't check everything... will fix that when I get to it as well as adding uncrafting recipes for wooden/iron trapdoors.

Egg, hold off on updating this until the next IDP update, so that I can fix the recipe results and add the new crafting recipes.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2015, 04:12:48 PM »
Now that we've updated, looks like this needs updating. Iron doors btw, only give 2 iron per door instead of the 6 shown here.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1