Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Risugami's mods?  (Read 3565 times)

gohkamikaze

• Goldy VIP
  • Vi veri universum vivus vici.
    • View Profile
Risugami's mods?
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:49:15 PM »
Hey guys, I'm not dead, just away from Innectis for the time being :/

Anyway, onto the real question:If any of you are into the Minecraft modding scene, surely you would have come across a person who goes by the alias Risugami. Most notable for the famous Planes mod (as featured on the Yogscast) and one of the more prolific Guns mods, Risugami is a prominent figure in Minecraft modding.

Recently, Risugami finished a collaboration with several other modders to create the 'Aether', an entirely new zone that counterparts Notch's 'Nether'. In short, they've created Minecraft Heaven to go with Minecraft Hell.

Anyway, not being much of a mod-user myself (vanilla MC ftw), is it possible to intergrate the Aether into Innectis or is that a far too complicated process? If that's the case, would it be too much to ask if you could please try to utilise some of Risugami's simpler mods? Things like the shelf and armour display mods which allow you to create shelves to show off items and a mannequin to show off suits of armour, or Risugami's elemental arrow mod which adds a few twists and surprises to your standard archery arsenal.
  • gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
Hi. My name's gohKamikaze. I Reddit and stuff.

Quote from: The Cloak
'Between you and me Yuric, I think those Ruskies need a good kick in the balls. Right in the testicles, the source of their commie power.'

tommykins20

• Goldy VIP
  • Hi, I'm Tommy
    • View Profile
Risugami's mods?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 05:06:32 AM »
Were gonna have a skyland new world? Lol
  • tommykins20
    tommykins20
    tommykins20
I love the good old OC days

Lynxy

• IDP Developer
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Risugami's mods?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 09:31:19 AM »
We would have to work with a custom CraftBukkit then. I presume none exists that support this mod, so we would have to do it all ourselves. That said, the mod probably doesn't even support multiplayer (eg block updates, player interactions with these new blocks). The server would these new events, but the mod wouldn't recognize it. I'm just speculating, perhaps it would, I don't know how good of a job the mod dev did.

Back to my original point, we would have to modify CraftBukkit to support these new blocks, mobs, events, interactions, and whatever else the mod(s) do. It would be a really challenging and tedious process, one that I myself am not up for, as cool as it would see integrated (Innectis first server to support Aether mod :eek::eek::eek::eek:)
  • The_Lynxy
    The_Lynxy
    The_Lynxy

Hretsam

• Former Owner
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Risugami's mods?
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:56:13 AM »
I agree with lynxy.

Btw on a side note. All mods that have custom blocks and such need a client side mod to!.
So unless you figure out a way people can join the server without downloading special mods to support the new blocks/monsters/items, this is not going to happen.
  • Hretsam
    Hretsam
    Hretsam

Lynxy

• IDP Developer
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Risugami's mods?
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 12:39:20 PM »
A separate world might be able to solve that problem
  • The_Lynxy
    The_Lynxy
    The_Lynxy

gohkamikaze

• Goldy VIP
  • Vi veri universum vivus vici.
    • View Profile
Risugami's mods?
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 08:24:37 PM »
Aha, that's what I was afraid of. I thought that perhaps the server could have sent the mod files to a temporary location but a) that doesn't seem actually possible and b) even if it was, uploading a mod's entire contents to every player simultaneously would eat bandwith like Pacman in a pill factory. That, and Lynxy's aforementioned lack of coding and SMP support... After all, the mod hasn't been out more than a month.

Only option: Lobby Notch to put it in the 1.9 update. He's intergrated popular mods into Minecraft before (pistons being the prime example), and the Aether is quite an epic looking mod, plus it goes nicely with the Nether... fingers crossed he takes notice :)
  • gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
Hi. My name's gohKamikaze. I Reddit and stuff.

Quote from: The Cloak
'Between you and me Yuric, I think those Ruskies need a good kick in the balls. Right in the testicles, the source of their commie power.'

Lynxy

• IDP Developer
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Risugami's mods?
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 09:27:12 AM »
It's defiantly a very popular mod. I wouldn't be surprised if every active Minecraft player knows about Aether now. Who knows what Notch will do. It does seems pretty logical to complement Nether though.
  • The_Lynxy
    The_Lynxy
    The_Lynxy