Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Different tiers of being allowed to a lot  (Read 3170 times)

Nineza

Different tiers of being allowed to a lot
« on: May 11, 2012, 06:48:20 PM »
I feel there should be, when you allow someone to your lot, a way of setting a tier of how "allowed" they are. Depending on how easy or hard this should be to program (I don't know - haven't seen the way IDP is programmed), maybe you could make it so you can assign certain "permissions" to people on your lots.

Some examples of the permissions could be:

Toggle levers and/or doors and/or waypoints - Ability to deny or allow people to toggle levers,doors and waypoints, preferably separate permissions to make it more customizable?
Destroying blocks - Ability to destroy blocks, separate from being able to place blocks - maybe not a good idea, but still
Placing blocks - Ability to place blocks, separate from being able to destroy blocks
Administration powers - Like a "co-owner" feature, will give them owner powers except they can't modify the owner's permissions nor other "administrators" of the lot. Could be abused, so only to be used when the owner absolutely trusts the proposed "administrator" of their lot

I realise you can do the lot-wide modifications with groups, so probably not needed - just a thought.

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
Re: Different tiers of being allowed to a lot
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 07:20:53 PM »
Toggle levers and/or doors and/or waypoints - Ability to deny or allow people to toggle levers,doors and waypoints, preferably separate permissions to make it more customizable?

You can already deny access to doors and waypoints. Just face toward the door/waypoint you want to allow or deny and type

/allow <username>
/deny <username>
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

Nineza

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:21:06 PM »
Yes, I realise this, "I realise you can do the lot-wide modifications with groups, so probably not needed - just a thought.", which is to do with my door & waypoint idea, but this would allow lever and pressure plate ("switch") toggle prevention, or make you able to allow it lot-wide, without overriding individual door permissions. It can be done with groups (/allow [groups] & /group) but this might be easier for some people

As to my other ideas, these still stand.

Edit: PS: Sorry if I sounded a bit blunt, didn't mean to be. xD
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:40:53 PM by Nineza »

GSTa2000

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:18:43 AM »
i like this but it would take a while
  • GSta2000
    GSta2000
    GSta2000
Blap Blap

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 05:54:31 PM »
Sorry, I disagree with this. You can already grant access to specific blocks on your lot already. No need for an elaborate permission system specifically for lots.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.