Author Topic: Redesign  (Read 1541 times)

Beansofham

• View Profile
Redesign
« on: February 09, 2011, 01:09:04 PM »
I think that everyone would enjoy coming to this site if it has a more unique, exciting theme, or template.  I noticed that I like to look at other sites because the current one seems dull and uninteresting to me.  I believe that this may be the same for many other present, or current visitors.  A new theme and/or redesigning the site may help attract users to this site.  I'll be happy to relearn Gimp and post some of my ideas for a new theme if this is a option the Administrator(s) is willing to consider.  I wouldn't be going out of my way as I'll have to relearn Gimp by this summer anyway.

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Redesign
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 01:52:30 AM »
We are still working on everything, [color="#FF0000"][sarcasm][/color]unfortunately, the SKINNING ADMINISTRATOR is on indefinite leave. If you'd like to volunteer for that position, I'd be more than happy to oblige[color="#FF0000"][/sarcasm].[/color]
[quote name=\'FireFox@Azeroth\']Scripting Run-time Error 9: Subscript out of range: Too many wires behind the desk![/quote]

[color=\"#4169E1\"]ITR Account Name: [/color][color=\"#FFA500\"]Kiatos[/color]

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Redesign
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 04:45:55 AM »
Actually, I think that this site would be more attractive if we migrated our old posts and member accounts from the old forums at http://www.archive.codespeak.org/ to this forum. Furthermore,  a copious amount of CodeSpeak members have suggested me and the admins to carry out this action.

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Redesign
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 01:13:07 AM »
Not possible. The database was changed around from that version to this one a bit. It'd break the forums. (Idk what was changed)
[quote name=\'FireFox@Azeroth\']Scripting Run-time Error 9: Subscript out of range: Too many wires behind the desk![/quote]

[color=\"#4169E1\"]ITR Account Name: [/color][color=\"#FFA500\"]Kiatos[/color]

Beansofham

• View Profile
Redesign
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 02:58:52 AM »
I'll be happy to take that position.  I've never made a skin before, but I already know HTML, I know where I can learn XHTML and it will be a completely new experience for me, but I think it could be fun.  At least I'll get something done that the current skinning admin can't do anyway; right?  Even with your sarcasm as to offer me that position, if by chance you were being serious, I'll give it a try. http://codespeak.org/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Also, can you estimate how long you think it would take to add everything manually?  Assuming others would be willing to help out since this would interest them.

Just to peak my curiosity?

Vector

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Redesign
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 07:09:04 PM »
Well, looks like it will need to be done.

I will start to decide what to import, and what not to, and add a new interesting skin to the forum, not sure what that will be.

Edit: OMG, I just figured that there was a "permission error" with black crystals, so it didn't show up for anyone but administrators.... Well, now it's viewable by all.

Another edit: John and I were talking, and it may be more of a pain than you think http://codespeak.org/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleep.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='-_-' /> I will still consult this though.