User Channels > James\' Animation Nation

Elfen Lied season 2 /whine

(1/1)

Vector:
I've come across more than one site praising the first season, and hoping for a second season. Elfen Lied was the best anime I've ever seen, even though it was only comprised of 13 episodes.

One of the issues that would be faced by some is how would a second season go? Would it take off where the Manga ended, or where the Anime ended? Because the Anime has events that lead up to about halfway through the Manga, and the Manga itself offers so much more, especially where it comes with Lucy and Kohta. Arakawa (Kakuzawa's partner) is much more influential in the Manga than the Anime.

So the question is what's going to happen with season 2, IF it gets done? I want it so bad!

John:
Just your luck, it'll be an OVA series, which is usually 3 to 5 episodes. In 12 episode seasons, its usually the phantom 13th episode called "afterwards."

Horse:
there will be no second season

The anime had an official ending, there is no room for more unless they completely redo the first season.

They could make it a seperate series like they did with Hellsing Ultimate and the Hellsing TV.

the TV did not go with the manga as much as Hellsing Ultimate does

Vector:
Well, the anime might have left room for a second season, with how it ended. The girl in the doorway that you can't see...

Either way, I'm not sure if the Manga left it open or closed as clear cut as the anime did...

John:
Who knows? It might just be another Death Note (open ending) or one that didn't seem to do it justice (uhhh... Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles -- the OVAs follow the Manga whereas the ending of the series doesn't).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version