Author Topic: Two Animes That I've Watched  (Read 1342 times)

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Two Animes That I've Watched
« on: January 29, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »
Lately, I've been watching several animes that are off my normal watching.

First up is:

[color="#666666"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="5"]IS: Infinite Stratos[/size][/font][/color]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][color="#666666"]Japan engineered an armed powered exoskeleton "Infinite Stratos" (IS) and it became the mainstream of weapons. Since only women can operate IS, women dominate the society over men. Orimura Ichika is a 15 year old boy and accidentally touches an IS placed in the IS pilot training school. He is found to be the only man who can operate IS and forced to enter the training school. Ichika's busy school life surrounded by girls has begun.[/color][/font]

Its quite a bit different from most Mechas at first, as the IS is used for sports. That is, apparently until episode 4. I won't ruin it anymore then that, but apparently Ichika is caught in between a bunch of girls, and that leads to some rather funny scenes. This is within my normal scope of watching, but for the most part, its actually kept me guessing a bit, and I haven't gotten a single plot point about the main story (And that's a first!) right yet!

Second is what's outside my norm:

[color="#666666"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="5"]Yumekui Merry[/size][/font][/color][color="#666666"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][/font][/color]

[color="#666666"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Ten years ago Fujiwara noticed he had a power to see multicolored auras surrounding the person's body. Ever since then he's been having a weird dream about a war with cats. Then one day a mysterious girl falls on top of him...[/font][/color]

Funny at first, but rather picks up what I think is a subtle approach to a serious tone. Let's face it, this just may turn into a romance and I pretty much "NEVER" watch them! From what I saw so far, its worth watching either to kill time, or to be interested in it for what its worth. Then again, you have to factor in the OTHER anime watcher(s) that is(are) part of my life......

I would post a third, but it just got rated as MA. It was unrated on the site I was watching it on. The site pretty much allows anyone 13 and older to watch any "unrated Anime" so long as they have had an account with them. However, they are undergoing updates and are not allowing anyone that doesn't have an account to view the site. Apparently, their transferring everything over to several swiss servers.
[quote name=\'FireFox@Azeroth\']Scripting Run-time Error 9: Subscript out of range: Too many wires behind the desk![/quote]

[color=\"#4169E1\"]ITR Account Name: [/color][color=\"#FFA500\"]Kiatos[/color]

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 06:54:14 AM »
I never heard of any of those; but they are quite interesting to say the least. I will recommend these to my friends and will watch these someday myself.

By the way, why is this section of the forums demarcated as "Protected?" http://codespeak.org/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 05:45:28 PM »
Good question. Let me look into it on this side of my "retirement."
[quote name=\'FireFox@Azeroth\']Scripting Run-time Error 9: Subscript out of range: Too many wires behind the desk![/quote]

HydroPlain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 07:25:23 AM »
what are these about? lol im not big into animes but the first one sounds kool

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 03:20:28 PM »
I posted the descriptions I found =D

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 02:21:26 AM »
Yumekui Merry is still running. From what I understand, this weeks ep (ep 13) should be the last ep in this season. As for IS, it still has a lot left. Not sure if they are running anymore eps.

Horse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 07:49:25 AM »
[quote name='James' timestamp='1296370454' post='42']

I never heard of any of those; but they are quite interesting to say the least. I will recommend these to my friends and will watch these someday myself.

By the way, why is this section of the forums demarcated as "Protected?" http://www.codespeak.org/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

[/quote]

It's no wonder you haven't, they just finished airing this week

Horse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 06:45:42 AM »
[quote name='John' timestamp='1302056486' post='107']

Yumekui Merry is still running. From what I understand, this weeks ep (ep 13) should be the last ep in this season. As for IS, it still has a lot left. Not sure if they are running anymore eps.

[/quote]

stratos is over already, it only had 12 episodes

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 12:36:26 AM »
Sorry, I've read the novels. It WAS supposed to run 25 episodes, but they crunched it down to 12. Both sets of numbers were never really confirmed.

As for Yumekui Merry, it'll get another season.