Author Topic: A readme for HL?  (Read 1615 times)

Akro

• View Profile
A readme for HL?
« on: December 26, 2008, 03:54:37 PM »
Hi guys. First off, I'd like to thank Hero for his great work and contributions to the stealthbot community. It's much appreciated and I'm very thankful for the scrips you have supplied me. I just signed up on your forum seeking more information on your Heroic League bot. I logged on vent to talk to people but no one was on. So now, I'm posting asking for a readme or instructions on how to use the bot. I've been trying to figure it out and I think I'm just missing a couple various simple points. I would also like to know is there a list of features that this script provides? I'm sure it will be an outstanding script once I know how to use it. Usually I'm not retarded like this when it comes to stealthbot and the scripts/plugins for it so I'm sorry for this. It seems everyone is using it properly except me, hah. So I really can't wait to get this going on my stealthbot. Anyways, thanks SO MUCH Hero! Keep up the AMAZING work!!!!

Akro

• View Profile
A readme for HL?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 04:52:45 PM »
Oh btw I have already read most of the 6 pages of posts about HL on the stealthbot forums. I'm pretty familiar with a good portion of it now but a generalized readme would help a lot to enhance my knowledge and supply quick references. Thanks again hero!!!

Oh one last thing hero. I know very little about scripting. However, I would LOVE to be a beta tester if you still need them. I'm trying to get as much info as I can about your bot. I currently use a modified GHost called GhostOne and I have made it so the moderation bot and GHost interact a little bit to allow more people to use the hostbot. Anyways, it would be absoloutely amazing if I could get GHost and your scripts to work together. So pretty much my point is if you would like any more help as far as beta testing goes, let me know. I'll do whatever it takes to get this going!

Akro

• View Profile
A readme for HL?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 10:44:35 PM »
/hlexec sql UPDATE players SET ingame='False' WHERE gamename='dota1'
/hlexec sql DELETE FROM games WHERE gn='dota1'

i started a game then my stealthbot shut down without ending it. Now I can't /abort --force it because it says the game does not exist for whatever reason. I found the above solution to this problem on the stealthbot forums but it isn't working. Any ideas?

Solved this problem by just deleting my files then redownloading the database through the plugin system but for convienences sake I'd like to be able to fix that a bit easier next time

Also, What is the required payload to follow .report so I can now properly end games?

Hero

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://rev7.net
A readme for HL?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 12:52:43 AM »
You need to put the gn of the game to close instead of dota1

(If your gn was "bob52" then you would use gamename='bob52')

I am not making a readme because I am making a new script. I will however answer any questions you ask. Be specific on what you want information about (Certain commands, editing the database, etc.)
Hero
AKA: HeroAssasin and Mike
- - - - -  - - -
Visit Clan R77
- - - - -  - - -
Please do not PM me with random questions. That is what I made these forums for.

Noob ~Vector

Akro

• View Profile
A readme for HL?
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 02:34:07 AM »
Quote from: Hero
You need to put the gn of the game to close instead of dota1

(If your gn was "bob52" then you would use gamename='bob52')

I am not making a readme because I am making a new script. I will however answer any questions you ask. Be specific on what you want information about (Certain commands, editing the database, etc.)

Hi Hero! I assumed I'd have to change the GN to my own GN, FDA1, and so I did but that did not work either. It said that command does not exist. Any suggestions or do you need more information? And how do I end the .report arguement (I guess it's called arguement? I don't know scripting terms I'm sorry x.x). Thanks Hero!!!

Hero

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A readme for HL?
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 10:23:59 AM »
If it says the game does not exist you should be find, that code is for if a game doesn't close and you want to remove it and make it so the people in it can play games again.

.report <gn> <winner>

Arguments generally refer to each word after the command. Argument 1 would be gn, Argument 2 would be winner, and so on.

Values for <winner>:
1 (Same as Sentinel)
2 (Same as Scourge)
Sentinel
Scourge
Hero
- - - - -  - - -
Visit Clan R77
- - - - -  - - -
Please do not PM me with random questions. That is what I made these forums for.

Noob ~Vector

Akro

• View Profile
A readme for HL?
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 12:06:08 PM »
why didnt the game get reported here?

[3:01:59 PM] <rand0m-hero> lol
 [3:01:59 PM] <Akromah-DL Games | dota1 (Akrobot@USEast) |>
 [3:02:14 PM] <Akrobot@USEast> .report dota1 Akromah-DL rand0m-hero
 [3:02:14 PM] Not the StartGame command
 [3:02:14 PM] Not the CancelGame command
 [3:02:14 PM] Not the ForceClose command
 [3:02:14 PM] Your Access: 20 | And Flags:
 [3:02:14 PM] Needed Access: 20
 [3:02:14 PM] You have the required access
 [3:02:14 PM] ReportGame Used by Akrobot@USEast
 [3:02:14 PM] Calling Command Sub...
 [3:02:14 PM] ReportGame Called
 [3:02:23 PM] <Akrobot@USEast> wtf lol

Hero

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A readme for HL?
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 12:43:42 PM »
You report the team that won.

.report dota1 sentinel
.report dota1 scourge

or

.report dota1 1
.report dota1 2
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 12:44:01 PM by Hero »
Hero
- - - - -  - - -
Visit Clan R77
- - - - -  - - -

Noob ~Vector

Akro

• View Profile
A readme for HL?
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »
oh oh sorry you must think I'm an idiot haha! How does it know who's on sent and who's on scourge? Do you have to tell it that beforehand?

Sorry I don't know how I didn't read that correctly on your post where you stated the possible values for winner. X.x sorry!

Hero

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A readme for HL?
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 01:34:51 PM »
How to play a game:

You: .create
Bot: A game has been made. <Game Information>
(Optional) You: .setteams <x> (x can be any even number from 2 to 10, that number will be divided by two and that is how many players will be on each team.)
(Optional) Bot: The game is now a 2v2.
PlayerA: .sign
Bot: PlayerA has signed in <x> slots remaining. (X will depend on what type of game it is, 5v5 is default.)
PlayerB: .sign
Bot: PlayerB has signed in <x> slots remaining.

... And so on until the game is full

Bot: The game is now full.
Bot: Team 1: <team one listed>
Bot: Team 2: <team two listed>
(Team 1 is always the sentinel and team 2 is always the scourge)

... After game is done being played

You: .report <gn> <winner>
Bot: Recorded the winner <winner> for <gn>.

... What are your stats?

You: .stats
Bot: You have <x> wins and <y> losses with <z> exp. x y and z will represent each statistic the bot retrieves
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 01:37:54 PM by Hero »
Hero
- - - - -  - - -
Visit Clan R77
- - - - -  - - -

Noob ~Vector

Akro

• View Profile
A readme for HL?
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 01:16:39 PM »
Quote from: Hero
How to play a game:

You: .create
Bot: A game has been made. <Game Information>
(Optional) You: .setteams <x> (x can be any even number from 2 to 10, that number will be divided by two and that is how many players will be on each team.)
(Optional) Bot: The game is now a 2v2.
PlayerA: .sign
Bot: PlayerA has signed in <x> slots remaining. (X will depend on what type of game it is, 5v5 is default.)
PlayerB: .sign
Bot: PlayerB has signed in <x> slots remaining.

... And so on until the game is full

Bot: The game is now full.
Bot: Team 1: <team one listed>
Bot: Team 2: <team two listed>
(Team 1 is always the sentinel and team 2 is always the scourge)

... After game is done being played

You: .report <gn> <winner>
Bot: Recorded the winner <winner> for <gn>.

... What are your stats?

You: .stats
Bot: You have <x> wins and <y> losses with <z> exp. x y and z will represent each statistic the bot retrieves

Yah, I understood how to work the rest but the clarification is excellent. Thank you so much Hero!! I'm already putting it to use!