Author Topic: [TUTORIAL] Easy Error Checking  (Read 726 times)

Vector

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://clanmage.phost.ws
[TUTORIAL] Easy Error Checking
« on: October 27, 2008, 03:51:44 PM »
Say you want to quickly find the error in a plugin, and you're getting "Type Mismatch". Then do the following:

This first requires that all extensions are shown.

Open up a Windows Explorer window, and go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View Tab -> Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" -> Then just hit ok till the windows close

Now, in your StealthBot folder, go to the plugins folder, and click on the file that is making the error. Hit F2, then press the "End" key (found above the arrow keys on the keyboard) Hit backspace four times (so the "plug" is removed) and add "vbs". Now, hit enter, and run the file.

This should show you the exact error you are having with the plugin. You'll find this very useful.

To rename, perform the same steps, but save the extension as "plug"

An even easier method of fixing errors would be to open up the plugin in notepad, and save it as "filename.vbs" where filename is the original name of the plugin. Click the pull-down bar that ways "Save as type:" and click "All files". Press enter to save it. Now, all you need to do is, with the window still open, double-click the .vbs file. If it says an error, go back to the notepad window, and scroll down, to find this error. (View -> Status Bar helps you find the exacf line number).

Save the file again, and repeat until no message box pops up with an error.

NOTE: If you manage to get a type mismatch error on a line like "Const BotPath", that has nothing to do with your scripts. it just simply means that your plugin is error-free, but the script host doesn't recognize that variable.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 10:03:04 PM by Vector »
I am an Unofficial StealthBot Technician, an Unofficial StealthBot scripter, among other things. See my about page for more info.

Quote from: ArticWolve
Sorry I went down. Had internet problems with a cracker-jack-licensed driver hitting my internet pole (about 8 of them fell) and drooping my phone and electricity. Sorry ><

Rev77.net Plugins Manager

Proud host of Vector.no-ip.info | VectorJBLS.no-ip.org Status: [img]http://rev77.net/ServerCheck/check.asp?query=check&server=VectorJBLS.no-ip.org_status.png\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-image\" /]

Shito-Ryu Karate-Do Genbu-Kai Rank: 8th Kyu (White belt, one stripe)

Rev77.Net Remote Support (Double-Click my name only if you were told to)

If the above link doesn't work, or if you use Vista, try this alternate link.

Noob ~Vector