Author Topic: Channel message (Admin..)  (Read 1076 times)

zubpe

• View Profile
Channel message (Admin..)
« on: January 06, 2009, 08:53:55 AM »
Hi, this a script I received from Vector, but I kinda need some help. I couldn't get in contact with him so that's why I'm asking for help here, I know it's not really a "entire new script request". But still I'm asking for some moderation on this plugin (if Vector allows it of course).

Basically all I would like, to be changed/edited is that I only want the script to add the users without giving them any kind of access on the bot. So basically, a user file and after the rank order they get added to, it will message it in the channel that "Chuck Norris" (Admin/Staff manager/ bla bla bla) joined the channel.  

This is the script itself

Code: [Select]
'sg
'0.2
'&Staff Greet:Vector:Greets users based on their access level to the bot

Sub sg_Event_UserJoins(Username, Flags, Message, Ping, Product, Level, OriginalStatString)
  tpMod = vbNullString

GetDBEntry Username, a, f

Select Case a
    Case 60
      tpMod = "Jr. Moderator"
    Case 70
      tpMod = "Channel Moderator"
    Case 100
      tpMod = "Sr. Moderator"
    Case 200
      tpMod = "Administrator"
  End Select

If InStr(Lcase(f), "g") Then
    If tpMod <> vbNullString Then
      AddQ "/me " & Username & " (" & tpMod & ") Has joined the channel."
    End If
  End If
End Sub

Oh and, when I'm currently using it now I get these errors - I assume it has something to do with this specific plugin. I haven't changed anything in the script, I just use it as it is above. So I don't really know what could be wrong. Maybe it helps you if I say that I use "standard" stealthbot and not a beta or something like that.

[17:35:51] A plugin file wasn't loaded, as it's prefix "r77" already exists: Rev77PS.plug
[17:35:51] A plugin file wasn't loaded, as it's prefix "sg" already exists: sgStaffGreet.plug
[17:35:51] 3 plugins loaded. Type /plugins in the bot to view them. Type /phelp for help using them.
[17:35:51] Type /updates in the bot to view updates and new plugins that are available for download.
[17:35:51] Load Call Error On File> D:\Documents and Settings\Bruger\STEALHBOT\plugins\Rev77PS.plug
[17:35:51] Error Number: 35764   Description: Still executing last request
[17:35:51] Unable to check for updates. the URL is invalid (or non-existant)
[17:37:05] -- Joined channel: Clan R77 --

Vector

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://clanmage.phost.ws
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 09:11:42 AM »
in the "Select Case a" part of the script, you'll notice there are various titles associated with access levels (In this script, they are 60, 70, 100, and 200). You may add to that, or change the tpMod variables yourself.

It's really quite easy to customize. You can change the title for 200 access like so:

Case 200
    tpMod = "Uber bot god"

Also, add the flag G to the username. I kind of left that in there for the beta, as I use groups, instead of plain usernames, and I have some people at 200 access who are not rev77 staff, and their group does not have the G flag.

As for your second problem, make sure there are no duplicate scripts in your plugin folder (make sure there are no .txt as well as .plug files of the same plugin)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 09:12:00 AM by Vector »
I am an Unofficial StealthBot Technician, an Unofficial StealthBot scripter, among other things. See my about page for more info.

Quote from: ArticWolve
Sorry I went down. Had internet problems with a cracker-jack-licensed driver hitting my internet pole (about 8 of them fell) and drooping my phone and electricity. Sorry ><

Rev77.net Plugins Manager

Proud host of Vector.no-ip.info | VectorJBLS.no-ip.org Status: [img]http://rev77.net/ServerCheck/check.asp?query=check&server=VectorJBLS.no-ip.org_status.png\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-image\" /]

Shito-Ryu Karate-Do Genbu-Kai Rank: 8th Kyu (White belt, one stripe)

Rev77.Net Remote Support (Double-Click my name only if you were told to)

If the above link doesn't work, or if you use Vista, try this alternate link.

Noob ~Vector

Hale_

• Global Moderators
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 11:47:40 AM »
Moved to Scripting General.
You noobs don't got the skillz tha killz.
[07:00:10 PM] <Hale_> Does no one talk in here?
[07:00:23 PM] <qazwsxedc> we talk in emotes
[07:00:25 PM] <qazwsxedc> use /me.
[07:00:29 PM] <Hale_ >
[07:00:29 PM] Hale_ was banned by TDAHelper (Emotes are not allowed).
[07:00:29 PM] TDAHelper kicked you out of the channel!

zubpe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 11:53:44 AM »
Quote from: Vector
  Case 200
     tpMod = "Uber bot god"

Also, add the flag G to the username. I kind of left that in there for the beta, as I use groups, instead of plain usernames, and I have some people at 200 access who are not rev77 staff, and their group does not have the G flag.

So what happens if I just don't write any digit/number? Then they just don't get any access, right?

and I'm not sure I get it, "how to use the command".

Let's say your in the channel, named Vec . Would I just then be doing

/w BOT .add Vec G Uber God

Uber God would be a rank in this case. But G would be what?

Vector

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://clanmage.phost.ws
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 06:18:54 PM »
Look at this part of the script:

Select Case a
    Case 60
      tpMod = "Jr. Moderator"
    Case 70
    Case 100
      tpMod = "Sr. Moderator"
    Case 200
      tpMod = "Administrator"
  End Select

You can add to that list with other access levels:

Select Case a
    Case 60
      tpMod = "Jr. Moderator"
    Case 70
   Case 80
      tpMod = "Uber Leet"
    Case 100
      tpMod = "Trusted Advisor"
   Case 200
      tpMod = "Administrator"
  End Select

When someone with 100 access and flag G comes into the channel, the bot will say "Username (TrustedAdvisor) has entered the channel." Simply because you modified that so it would say the group name at 80 access.

80 access and flag G would be "Uber Leet."

I hope this helps.
I am an Unofficial StealthBot Technician, an Unofficial StealthBot scripter, among other things. See my about page for more info.

Quote from: ArticWolve
Sorry I went down. Had internet problems with a cracker-jack-licensed driver hitting my internet pole (about 8 of them fell) and drooping my phone and electricity. Sorry ><

Rev77.net Plugins Manager

Proud host of Vector.no-ip.info | VectorJBLS.no-ip.org Status: [img]http://rev77.net/ServerCheck/check.asp?query=check&server=VectorJBLS.no-ip.org_status.png\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-image\" /]

Shito-Ryu Karate-Do Genbu-Kai Rank: 8th Kyu (White belt, one stripe)

Rev77.Net Remote Support (Double-Click my name only if you were told to)

If the above link doesn't work, or if you use Vista, try this alternate link.

Noob ~Vector